Though it’s such an important chore, vacuuming can sure be a tedious task. There’s nothing more frustrating than having to lug around a big, bulky vacuum while moving furniture out of the way and constantly unplugging the cord and searching for a new outlet to plug into. Just thinking about it can make you feel stressed.
Fortunately, there’s a better way to keep your floors clean without having to deal with the frustration and aggravation.
How? – By investing in a robot vacuum.
These handy, high-tech devices have certainly taken the hassle out of vacuuming, but they can be pretty pricey. While they’re super cool, a lot of robot vacuums out there have outrageously high price tags and are out of reach for a lot of consumers. However, thanks iRobot Roomba and Eufy, that’s changed.
iRobot Roomba and Eufy (Anker) are two of the most trusted robot vacuum manufacturers, and in order to make their products more accessible to the general public, they’ve introduced two budget-friendly models: the iRobot Roomba 675 and the Eufy RoboVac 11S.
How do these two robot vacuums stack up against one another and which one is the better buy? We’ve extensively researched both options and below, we offer a comparison between the two to help you decide whether the Eufy Robovac 11S or the iRobot Roomba 675 is the better choice for you.
iRobot Roomba 675 vs Eufy Robovac 11S
The iRobot Roomba 675 is the upgraded version of the iRobot Roomba 650 version. It boasts more advanced features than its predecessor, has a more streamlined design, and offers more power. Like iRobot, the Eufy Robovac 11S is also a new and improved version of the manufacturer’s previous model, the Eufy Robovac 11. The upgraded version of the Eufy robot vacuum – the 11S – also boasts more features, is outfitted with more advanced technologies, and offers a longer runtime and a lot more suction.
First things first: let’s talk about the features of these two robot vacuums.
Eufy Robovac 11S
The Eufy Robovac 11S has been re-engineered to be the slimmest robovac. Standing at just 2.85 inches high, it’s safe to say that it won’t have any trouble making its way underneath all types of furniture; even those low-lying couches and chairs. In addition to the slim design, another major difference between the 11S and the previous model, the 11, is the whisper-quiet operation. It’s no louder than some other vacuum cleaners, and is actually much quieter than many.
You’ll hardly even notice that it’s rolling around and cleaning your floors for you.
The suction power and runtime is quite remarkable, too. The Eufy Robovac 11S offers 1300Pa of power and maintains that powerful suction for up to 100 minutes of continuous runtime on hardwood floors. With BoostIQ Technology, this robot vacuum automatically boosts the suction power within 1.5 seconds whenever additional suction is needed, so you can be sure that you’ll get the deepest clean possible. Other premium features that you’ll find on the Eufy Robovac 11S include:
- Enhanced protection of an anti-scratch tempered glass cover
- An infrared sensor to easily navigate around obstacles
- Drop-sensing technology to prevent it from falling from heights, such as down steps or stairs
- Automatic recharging, so it’s always ready to get your floors clean
- A triple filter system, which includes a dual-layer filter and a single high-performance filter to lock-in even the tiniest particles
- A large dustbox that holds up to 0.6L of dirt and debris, so it can run longer and clean further between emptying
- A remote control for convenient operation
With so many features and such outstanding performance, it’s easy see why the Eufy Robovac 11S was named the “Best Robot Vacuum of 2018” by Digital Trends.
iRobot Roomba 675 Robot Vacuum
iRobot outfitted this new and improved version of their 600 series Roomba robot vacuums with improved capabilities and more advanced technologies.
One of the most notable features is the 3 Stage Cleaning System and Dual Multi-Surface brushes. These two features combined allow the Roomba 675 to grab even more dirt and debris from both carpets and hard floors. It boasts an Edge-Sweeping brush, too, so those dust bunnies won’t be able to hide out in the corners.
Thanks to Adaptive Navigation, which features advanced sensors, this robot vacuum can navigate around all types of obstacles with ease, including low-sitting furniture, chair and table legs, and along edges, too. With Cliff Detect, you won’t have to worry about the Roomba 675 falling down steps or stairs. The revolutionary Auto-Adjust Cleaning Head automatically changes its height so that the Multi-Surface Brushes will remain in close contact with whatever type of floor it’s cleaning, which means your high-pile carpets, low-pile rugs, and even your tiled and hardwood floors will get a deep clean.
Other notable features that the iRobot Roomba 675 offers include:
- Dirt Direct Sensors, which are always scanning the perimeter and will let your robot vacuum know about the areas that need a deeper clean, such as high traffic zones and underneath the kitchen table and chairs
- Advanced learning technology that carefully examines and comprehends your cleaning habits to establish a cleaning schedule that is customized to meet your unique needs
- Compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, so you can activate this robot vacuum with just the sound of your voice
- 90 minute runtime, so it cleans longer than its predecessor, the iRobot Roomba 650, and when the battery runs out of juice, it automatically returns to its charging station until it’s charged
The upgraded features and powerful cleaning technology that the iRobot Roomba provides means that you’ll be able to keep your floors crystal clean without having to lift a finger.
iRobot Roomba 675 vs Eufy Robovac 11S: Usability Comparison
Which one is easier to use? While both are outfitted with advanced technologies and will automatically clean your carpets and hard floors, like anti-fall features that prevent the vacuums from tumbling down stairs and steps, and adaptive technologies that automatically adjust the suction and height of the cleaning heads to ensure the most powerful and effective clean, we have to say that the iRobot Roomba 675 is more usable.
While it’s true that the Eufy Robovac 11S does offer a longer runtime (100 minutes compared to the 90 minutes the iRobot Roomba 675 offers), we’re really impressed by the fact that the iRobot learns the cleaning needs of your home and adjusts accordingly and that it’s compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, so you can activate it using just your voice.
Although, if you’re not a fan of using Alexa or Google Assistant, you should definitely consider the Eufy Robovac.
Eufy Robovac 11S vs iRobot Roomba 675: Price Comparison
In terms of price, the Eufy Robovac 11S is more affordable than the iRobot Roomba 675.
At the time of writing, the Robovac 11S was fairly less expensive. It’s also Prime eligible, so if you’re a Prime customer, you’ll be able to take advantage of the fast and free shipping, as well as free returns. The Roomba 675 is more expensively priced.
If you want to shop somewhere other than Amazon, such as directly from the manufacturer’s websites or retailer that sells these products, the prices will likely vary and there’s a chance that will cost even less; however, there’s also a chance that they will cost more.
Do keep this in mind while you’re shopping.
iRobot Roomba 675 vs Eufy Robovac 11S: Pros and Cons
Let’s take a quick look at some of the advantages and disadvantages of each of these robot vacuums.
iRobot Roomba 675 Pros
- 3 Stage Cleaning system with Dual Multi-Surface brushes
- Automatically develops cleaning schedules that are customized to meet your specific needs
- Compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant
- Adaptive Navigation
- Cliff Detect
- Dirt Detect Sensors
- Auto-Adjust Cleaning Head
iRobot Roomba 675 Cons
- Runtime is slightly shorter than the Eufy Robovac 11S, at 90 minutes compared to 100 minutes respectively
- Doesn’t have as much suction power as the Eufy
- More expensive than the Robovac 11S
Eufy Robovac 11S Pros
- 1300Pa suction power for a super powerful clean
- Boost IQ Technology
- Whisper-quiet operation (no louder than a microwave)
- Anti-scratch tempered glass cover
- Drop-sensing technology
- Easily glides around all obstacles and over all surfaces
- Automatic recharging
- 100 minute runtime
- Triple-Filter system
- Remote controlled operation
Eufy Robovac 11S Cons
- It takes longer to charge
- While it does offer remote control operation, it isn’t as convenient as the iRobot Roomba
So which robot vacuum is the better choice, the iRobot Roomba 675 or the Eufy Robovac 11S?
It really depends on your specific needs. We know that sounds like a cop-out, but it’s true!
However, we will say that if trying to figure out which one will give you more bang for your buck, it’s the Robovac 11S from Eufy. Why? Because it offers more power, a variety of features, advanced technologies, and it’s more affordably priced.
iRobot used to be a one of a kind brand that offered truly unique products. The same cannot be said, simply due to the fact that their competition has caught up to them. Some might even say that they’re surpassed by other brands like Eufy and Roborock.